Neither one of us slept good last night and of course, he doesn't every night anyway. The pain he has to deal with even with the meds just barely gets him by but he's trying to deal with it. I had to lay back down this morning after my breathing treatment. I was too tired and wouldn't have made it through today.
I was dreading this morning as he was going to hear the test results from the doctor. I found out tonight he had the feeling it was bad news but yet good. I told him I had this big 'ol lump in my throat and kept telling myself to take deep breathes and stay calm for him...I'm hanging in there but like him we privately have our moments. I think he's learning to be an optismist...lol...maybe. I sometimes have to be comical or try to cover up how I'm really feeling just to keep going. This is just my writings of what I'm or he is feeling and how we're getting through it together. If it doesn't make sense to anyone that's okay...it'll help me keep going and show strength for him.
One test hasn't come back which is the bone density test. The blood work came back as always good...it never shows anything wrong. Like I said it took the accident to happen to have the doctors figure something else is going on and run other tests. The CT chest and left arm showed a lesion in his left humerus where the pathologic fracture is and it also shows one in his right shoulder, right rib where he got hurt in June at work by pulling the cartilage from his ribs but also a fracture that did heal that the ER doctor didn't pick up on. He has lesions in back of neck and showing some small lesions in his liver. As far as below the waist, we are waiting for bone density results to still come in, hopefully tomorrow.
The doctor did say depending how long this takes he could probably go back to work if he was wanting to...so it's a matter of wait and see again...
He definitely will have a rod put in his left arm and bolted at shoulder and elbow to help hold humerus together to give it a chance to heal but not until he sees the onocologist doctor in St George and do a needle biopsy to determine what kind of cancer it is and where it stared from and hopefully the doctor has caught it early enough plus some other tests.
We'll know more when we see him...suppose to get that call tomorrow for the appointment. You see the surgery on his arm can't be done til the cancer is contained from either chemo or radiation or both cause if the doctor does surgery when cutting into him, doctor could spread the cancer cells...there's a website that can explain it better than me... http://www.merck.com/mmhe/sec05/ch063/ch063a.html
Hope this will help if anyone wants to read it. We have let our daughters know and of course work. Workmen's comp is coming through and that's one less worry but only two-thirds of his monthly pay but it's better than nothing.
Anyway, still a lot of waiting again....til we know everything...more lata and all your prayers would be appreciated. He's not religious but believes in a higher power...
me <3
Harlee
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment