THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, October 6, 2008

My Lit'l Girl...

My Lit’l Girl

So little words yet a lot to say,
I had my lit’l girl so many years ago and yet just yesterday.

I counted ten perfect fleshy pink fingers and toes,
A tiny blonde with big brown eyes and a lit’l button nose.

She and I loved crusin’ the boulevard and going to the parks,
With the geese, the ducks and swans to feed and singing skylarks.

Concerts on the grass, snow sledding or camping off the car,
Then grandpa’s health news started the moving of wide and far.

From Alaska to Maryland, Alaska to Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming,
Montana, Texas and finally Mesquite,
She and I found our own lit’l niche but it was yet not sweet.

So much in between and still growing and learning hard from the mistakes,
Here she and I will stay even though there are still heartaches.

Now someone special (in her mind) has come between us and makes her mad,
And down the road my lit’l girl learns she has a new dad.

Not liking the rules, she’s moving out and learns her own life’s rawness,
But with time she sees he is good and accepts it with coolness.

As the saying goes,
“Any man can be a father, but only a special
Person can be a DAD”

With her father not showing or caring at all,
She wraps her dad’s love around her like a warm shawl.

So she’s not just my lit’l girl anymore,
She’s now our lit’l girl who we adore!

@by Alicia Shaner October 2008

No comments: