Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa....we went to Georgetown (StG) for my left shoulder at the wound clinic. The post-op wound is healing but needs a little help so I don't end up having a third surgery...
It's a matter of debriding (scraping) the skin and cleaning with saline solution and packing the little tunnel I have on one side of the wound. I'm going to say it was about 1/2 inch in length after she pulled out the instrument for measuring the size...it will be packed with a tiny piece of silver packing and taped up and not to get wet...then I'll go back again Friday 17th for new packing. Also, again next week on Tuesday and Friday and hopefully that will be it. It's always been said that it has to heal from inside out and with it scabbing over that tunnel had developed and would have been a breeding ground for an infection as it needs to be open to heal inward out...They suggested for the tenderness and pressure while doing this debridment to take a lortab and I refused as I'm the one driving for him and I and though it may be bothersome it's not bad enough to take a Lortab which I don't really like anyway. I have to admit I broke a few tears but more in the fact I am a little bit tired and that's when my tears flow more...but I talked myself down and pulled myself together and did okay for the rest of the procedure. When she left the room, I turned to him and he had his lips puckered up like he was mad and I said it was okay...I'm alright...he didn't like to see me hurt and cry...I'm fine. Oh, she does/did use topical lidocaine and told me to remind them each time I come in to have them use it to help with some of the discomfort. I didn't have to use the lortab after the surgery. Anyway, it looks like no hyperbaric oxygen chamber or skin grafting...whoo hoo....
Now for him...he did go and it sort of wore him out even with just sitting and a little walking so I told him if he
wants to stay home Tuesday he can unless the oncologist needs to see him the same day...like this Friday 17th
we'll both be seeing the doctors...different times and opposite sides of the hospital....you could tell several times today that he was hurting by the expression on his face...we finally got home and resting up and going to watch the last debate. I'm actually going to make this short and kick back. Today has been kind of long and tiring but I'm more concerned about Friday with having to leave the house @ 8am to get to Georgetown (time zone change) for his appointment at 10:30 a.m. and as new patient there will be paperwork to fill out before seen...hopefully we won't be with the oncologist those four hours as my appointment is at 2:30pm.
One last thing...kind of funn:D...the nurse Kathy said to nurse Meagan that it was sweet how those two (him and I) interact together...I looked at him and just smiled and told the nurses what else can we do but be there for each other and be supportive. It's the only way to get through all of this...he stood with me all these years with my health and I will stand with him now in his time of health issues...I'm tired and feel I'm just rambling...have a good evening and a B E A U T I F U L dAY 2morrow...good night
Harlee
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment