THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, October 27, 2008

Feelings from gdaughter Mel...

We truly luv u more than ever and please don't give up on pappy/us or life...you have a lot of life's lessons hitting you early just like your mom when she was about your age. Just look at me your grammy...I've wanted to give up so many times but I just had to think of my family...Tim, Tamra, Charli, Gary, Mel, and Erin and even our...lol...our pets too....how much I luv you all and how would it effect you all if I gave up and it has kept me going even though giving up would have been the easy way out from struggling, hurting, getting sick every year (except last two years...yeaaaaa!!)...all through your life you will have peaks and valleys and it's the strength you find in yourself, family, friends and your faith...that will help you get through it all or like pappy saz pull up your boot straps and carry on...that's all you can do. Just remember pappy has lost all his first family but has kept going on with life and now he has a fantastic second family he luvs and is hanging in there for us.

And now for our gdaughter's feelings...

Pappy;You may not be my biological grandfather but you are by far the most amazing pappy a girl like me could ask for. Each and every day I think about you and remember the times you let me style your hair; the long insightful talks that always left me feeling more aware of life. You have done so much for me and I feel like I have done nothing to help you. Now that you have been diagnosed with cancer, pappy, I dont know what to do. Your my hero and my light. You have always been so strong and you gave me hope for the future. Every summer since I was little I always looked forward to seeing your silly smile, hearing you try to say the "f" word but having it come out as "puck" always made me laugh. Pappy I really dont want to have to loose you, that would mean the end of not just my life but your families. You have touched so many hearts in your time and I know this because you are the most kind person I know; regardless of how bad you say your past was. I love you pappy very much I know you can make it through this.
Mel

She'll have to be told that she has done plenty for her pappy by leaving a twinkling stars in his eyes and giving him much joy like his daughters!


Today was rough for him because of the biopsy...hurting, tired and groggy and they had to give him a shot of morphine but it just barely took off the edge. Luckily, he doesn't remember the biopsy being done but feels tender and sore where it was done...it actually was a bone marrow biopsy on the right side as the mass was just below the skin in the hip area according to the doctor. It's just a bandaid on that spot now...we got home and he slept the rest of the afternoon til dinner and then didn't eat much...

He's hoping there is no more tests, poking and proding. He's tired of it already and says its hard on him and not sure he can hang in there. You have to try and hang in there and I don't want to discourage you but you'll be having doctor appointments for followups and blood draws for status of where the cancer is and whatever else the doctor says on Wednesday. I cried for him...I don't want to see him hurt, I know what its like and don't want to see him go through it.

Wish...wish...wish...wish...as he says if wishes were fishes nobody would be hungry...lol....

gOOD nIGHT....

No comments: