THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Been a few days...

It's been a few days...he's holding his own but is eating better but more like snakin' every 2-3 hours...it seems to be pretty much soft foods...jello, pudding, applesauce, oatmeal, eggs, english muffin, soup, crackers/cheese, mashed tators and gravy, coleslaw and hamb stk/patty...can't seem to handle anything greasy...like I bbq'd last night hamburgers and beef hot dogs and he had the hamburger patty no bread and did fine with that but today tried eating one of the hot dogs but said was too greasy his stomach wouldn't handle it...nothing too heavy...

Some nights he sleeps closer to three hours than 1.5 to 2 hours...I tried sleeping in bedroom the second half of last night after I got up with him around one a.m. and I slept better and surprisingly I did hear him and he keeps insisting I sleep in the bedroom so I get a better restful nights sleep...hahaha, that's easier said than done...he knows I wake up when I hear him so he said unless he hollers to stay in bed....we'll see...

I was so wiped out yesterday and thought I had recouped yesterday afternoon but this morning it took everything I had to muster up the energy to get myself ready and get to Georgetown and get my shoulder rebandaged at the wound clinic...which is coming along good...Mandi used an iodine paste to help draw out more the drainage and then put a big square bandage on...til Friday, then she's going to use a lit'l silver nitrate on this one tiny piece of tissue flap to remove and I believe do the iodine again...til Tuesday and see where we are at then...hopefully she'll say lets cut down to once a week...it's getting to be that time of year I always stick close to home and do my shopping early morning hours to stay away from sick people cause I don't need to be sick with his health the way it is now and I have been fortunate not to be sick last two years around holidays...yea...I think it due to vitamin changes and taking C and iron and learning that I do better on 8-9 hours of sleep than shorter hours cause then it seems like I'm sleeping all the time...like yesterday and today in between everything...

Oh yeah, on the dishwasher ha ha ha ha...because it's all one piece and no individual parts...the pump did go out but it'll take a new pump/motor etc and estimate was $260+ parts and labor...uhhh, let me call you on that...it might be cheaper to get a new dishwasher....so I'm window shopping...

His arm brace/cast/prosthesis whatever you choose to call it...finally came it and he's to get it fitted on Friday by the therapist...that means Thursday morning for labs and Friday for the brace...and it definitely will be hard days for him...I would do both in one day but that would totally wear him out and pain wise wouldn't be good...as far as sitting too long with the pelvic and right leg...also I have two appointments on Friday myself earlier in the day...so it's going to be a longgggggggggggg one for me on Friday....

Pastor has someone coming by tomorrow with him to help with vacuuming/mopping, maybe on a regular basis...we'll see...Shaun (younger daughter's boyfriend) has been a great help but with him working graveyards I can't always depend on him...he needs a break too...and sleep!!!!!!!

Well, I think I'm finding my energy tonight so that should mean tomorrow might be a decent day...I'll know in the morning...tehe...

A thought came to mind just now...when I was getting ready this morning for the appointment...I have to wash my hair in the kitchen sink then take shower from chest down due to the wound on the shoulder...I was headed for the shower when he started talking in his sleep...sorry, I couldn't help but laugh just because the timing was just so perfect like right on cue...he was talking in his sleep and then all of a sudden he said, "hey" and I turned around and looked and he's asleep and his hand was like doing the motion for the TV remote like pushing the buttons...I was trying so hard not to laugh and wake him up....see there still is humor in life even all that has come about...and the fact he made a comment this morning on my way out the door to my appointment that he wished I didn't have to go to it too, "he likes having me around"....how sweet...

I believe that's all the updates for now...OH yeah, our oldest daughter will be here in the morning hopefully around 11a.m. and surprise her dad...yeah, SURPRISE...he doesn't know and it's not just for Thxgiving but for two weeks...

You'll have a good eve...and dON'T lET tHE bED bUGS bITE!!!!...lol...nite :)

No comments: