THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, January 8, 2009

New medicine...


A new medicine was added today for him on his elevated blood pressure/rapid pulses...he's to take one Coreg daily and if the rapid pulses don't decline he's to take two a day...any wheezing involved stop but he's to go back in two weeks to see how he is doing...leaflet info said possible side effects were raised blood sugars...ouch, just what we don't need...

The doctor also took blood work for an A1C...it's a blood test for his blood sugars and somehow it gets a three month average reading...if it's under 7% the doctor won't be too worried as that is a good average but to still watch what he eats...if it's higher the doctor will put him on a diabetic med...

The bone doctor told workman's comp that his broken arm (in normal circumstances would have been healed by 12/16/08 the cut off date of his last check) That's why the evaluation appointment to determine the closing of the case...but, we also found out that the short term disability will kick in but the turn around time for a check to start coming would be about two weeks and the short term disability at work would not start from when short term disability started but when his accident was on 9-25-08 so the six months for the short term disability would be over at the end of March lets say not in July...So we are hoping that social security disability is approved before all this happens so there is a check coming in and still be on the health insurance what is called cobra (we pay more out of our pockets for the premiums)...so we are still playing the waiting game....hopefully, we won't have to go the next step and start long term disability.

Our youngest Tam, came home this afternoon to get things ready and packed to go back to college on Monday but has to check in on Sunday. With a new Henderson library branch opening this Saturday and her going back to college-her schedule will be hectic and she'll be working every other Saturday at the new Galleria Mall Library...so we will probably see less of her....

My sister Robin made it in last night around midnight from Phoenix and we are happ:D to see her...she will be busy as usual with work when she gets back as she has new training starting...haven't seen her in a few years...she is looking good.

Tim and I watched the "Barbara Walters Special-Patrick Swayze The Truth"...he has terminal pancreatic cancer and a lot of similarities as Tim...what Patrick and his wife Lisa were saying is how and what we have pretty much been saying and feeling...I feel it is a must see if you have a chance when its on air again or if you can see it online somehow, somewhere....a very heart warming and touching story...I do hope his new season premiere of "The Beast" on A&E is good and he's able to do a second season of filming...Patrick has beaten the odds of a few months to a year so far...he's hoping for another year...I pray Tim has that same outcome of beating the odds!

I pray this finds elf...eryone doing well and so far enjoying their New Year! Good night and sweet dreams....<3

1 comment:

michelle said...

Good morning Shaners!!! It was wonderful to read such an enlightening blog. Alicia you have done a great job. I wanted to let you know I was thinking of you, actually most days I do. I called Patty and everything has been sent as of last week and waiting to hear back. Just wanted to let you know what was going on in that department.

I love the pictures!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family and as always if you need anything let me know.

Keep up the fight!!!