THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, January 26, 2009

Brother n law...

I was out Friday doing an errand and when I got home Tim said our brother n law Doug called and was in Cedar City and would like to stop and visit before going onto California...

I called him back and he was at the Arizona mile marker 36...I figured he'd be here pretty quik...gave him about half hour as I was talking with Tim and then I headed over to meet him at Oasis truck parking to pick him up...



Doug is good and looks like he has lost some weight...we chatted and he was really glad to see how well Tim is doing...(up until he saw the doctor on Dec 4 before starting his second round of "Sutent" he was....struggling to get around, eat, sleep, drink...I always had a "babysitter" for him when I had to go somewhere or my doctor appointments...I really thought he was on his death bed...until doctor realized that with the morphine patch it wasn't helping and making him worse and Tim went cold turkey off the morphine pills as well for couple of days and tried again...it started all over again...so doctor said even the morphine pills were poisoning his body to get him off it right away and go back to the lortabs)...

His doctor appointment this past Thursday, doc wanted him to get some physical therapy...he said no, he'd do what he could at home and that's why he's getting around more on the cane and building back up his muscle strength...but he is doing all this with the cane...his left fractured arm-he still doesn't have much mobility to it and we are assuming the fracture is healed???...I still worry he is over doing it...when he lays down to rest most the time he zonks out...sleep...:D

So with this said Doug and Sharon have offered help whenever and wherever we need them but like with everyone who has offered help...we appreciate it and am keeping everyone in mind and I will make those calls when the time comes...it means a lot to us...

We got a few pics (he is going to email me the ones he took) before taking him back to his truck and heading out for California then drop off that load get another one and head to Texas and switch trailers with another driver and head back to Phoenix and hope he has another load to pick up there...be safe and take care...

No comments: