THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Looking...


This foto is one of my favorites...Shaun was trying to get Tam to smile...talk about goofy...lol...and then his snikering grin...:D
I came home from the wound clinic looking for our oldest thinking from the texting that she was still here....I so wanted to see her again before she left for Vegas to catch her flight back to Indiana...I miss her and wish she lived closer....I actually went through the house looking for her...in everyroom....yeah....crying...

I'm going back to the wound clinic on Friday and then we are going to try every Friday and see how my wound is doing on 12th and if it works...I will only go once a week on Fridays...I will be changing the dressing myself every day til Friday and hope that by doing that it will dry up the wound more as it's staying too moist or what they call bogged...but it definitely is smaller....


He's still holding his own...sleeps alot and talks more and more in his sleep...his eating is up and down from day to day...but still pretty much soft foods, nothing sweet/too sweet, or has too much cooking spray or butter...he seems to be able to handle the strawberry waffles and mini pancakes pretty good in the mornings and he said no more eggs...that was one of his favorites...


We were going to take him for his lab work on Wednesday last week but other things cropped up and with the way it was rainy and windy we thought it wasn't best to take him out in that kind of weather...don't need to take any chances of him getting sick...


Thanksgiving day was nice...Tam did our usual snakin' trays that is family tradition...cut up beef stixs, cheeses, crackers, cheese balls, can cheese, veggies and ranch dip, chips...and when it was time I did the turkey and brown bagged it in the oven and the girls did the rest and cleaned up...first time I didn't have to clean up after a Turkey dinner in a lonnnnnnnngggggggggggggg time...we enjoyed it...


We did however get him over for his labs on Friday and had company off and on all day...he got kind of wore out and slept for a while...he would have been okay if the trip to the hospital for blood work hadn't worn him out...need to see if the insurance will cover someone coming out to draw it at home and take to the hospital...


Our oldest and I went christmas shopping for a family in the neighborhood that will be needing a little help from Santa this Christmas...her husband is laid up and trying to get medical help back home...and the mother mentioned that she had the kids names put on that Christmas Tree here in town....but I wanted to pass it "Forward" and show some kindness and humbleness in helping out even with our situation with him and I...


The news this morning said we were in a "Recession" but after watching the movie "Kit Kittridge-an American Girl" during the depression times...sooooooooo reminds me of what is going on today and makes me think we are in a depression not a recession...so I too am going to pass it "Forward" and make Christmas a little brighter for some lit'l ones....


There was something he said that I was going to blog last week...oh yeah...he was talking in his sleep and mentioning his meds and getting blood work done once a week and hurting and didn't want to be like this...and said I want to go home, PLEASE...I don't want to be like this...


It's not the quality of life we were hoping for...but need to give the meds at least three months chance but not sure he can handle another biopsy with the shape he's in now...let alone the trip up to Georgetown...


We had also been trying to do a family fotos session but that kept getting put off til Sunday and then just by the skin of our teeth...just need to print out the copies from the printer....for christmas cards and webpage too...


Well, I feel the need to take a nap...sitting here blogging and bobbing my head...ahhhh, take a NAP!!!!.....


Good bye....

1 comment:

huntsiegrl said...

Aunt Alecia;
I want to Thank You for the great care that you give to Uncle Tim.. I think that you need to be praised for all the selfless care that you provide.. You are a GREAT example of true love and devotion :) Cheri