He's doing better...but still having problems finding the right stomach nausea medicine to help...keeps trying different foods in small amounts to see what he's able to eat and taste good...
I slept on the love seat Friday night...he said he wanted someone with him 24 hours until he pulled himself out of the stupor he was in...he didn't like the way he was feeling from the meds...and every nausea meds doesn't seem to be working...I took the pain patch off Friday around 12:30 p.m. and the doctor on call said to give it about six hours and if he improved then we knew what med was the culprit...guess what it was the pain patch...but also he decided on his own to back off everything cold turkey and you're not suppose to do that...so I went with his wishes and stuck with him night and day since Friday to get through this...I even said if he didn't try to sip more he was going to the ER...NO, I'm NOT...slowly got liquids in him and lit'l bits of food more fruit pieces and jello...sips of sprite...got him 7-up today...
He's back to his talking in his sleep again...rambling a mile a minute, think he was going to sleep and within a few minutes he started in again...especially Friday night when I slept in family room on love seat...I think I might have gotten 2 hours sleep and then I slept more during the day when he was sleeping...and just as bad when he wasn't taking any meds...this morning is the first time he decided to take a 1-8 hour morphine pill (time released) and he was really hurting and didn't want to do anything or whatever except get up to use the bathroom...it was a easier for me to give him a sponge bath in the bed and kept telling him to let me do the lifting or holding his leg that hurt and automatic reaction for him was to help...
In his sleep talks, he has mentioned several times he wants to be here for his wife and the girls but it's hard and he hurts and don't know that he can hang on...after getting him cleaned up and covering him up since he gets cold easy now...I was frank with him and said I don't want to sound selfish but I want him here for as long as possible but if he can't do it anymore that it was okay to go home...he said he knew but will be here as long as he can...it'll be hard for awhile but we'll be okay in time....that was so hard telling him and not cry....and it was odd because after he went back to sleep again...whoever he was talking to or with...said end of year or try to in New Year...I'm just a burden...but also something about they wouldn't be out til July again...I'm just guessing that he was talking about our oldest daughter and family as that is when they come out to visit every year...when he woke later on...I told him he wasn't a burden...
Today, his eating is more or at least he's trying but still dealing with the nausea...he's able to hold down 7up, water, applesauce, can fruit natural, jello, yes...and ice cream too in small amounts...everything is in small amounts...he had a lit'l amount of tomato mac...okay, for those who don't know tomato mac is his specialty that I learned about after we got together in 1985...elbow macaroni and tomato juice with whatever side you wanted like cold cuts, etc...or just crackers...he was able to get that down...for dnner he even asked for tuna fish and crackers...didn't work...he couldn't even get the one cracker with tuna on it down...so we tried a lit'l bit of chicken broth...wasn't sure that would sit on his stomach...waited and then had some pears...
Shaun's dad is still in SLC...doctors said he wasn't exactly a candidate for heart surgery but would see what they could do for him...so he's just waiting to see what they are going to do...Shaun's suppose to go up next weekend to take care of legal matters unless his dad calls and says to come get him now...
Wow, when it rain's it pours....Tamra headed back this evening so she could study for finals this week plus clean her dorm and have everything out by Saturday 13th noon or they get charged $100...so she is going to have a busy week and pray she does well with her finals and not worry too much bout her dad and future father in law...
Well, I think I've covered everything that's been going on...hope everyone has a safe week and not tooooo cold where ever you are...good night....
Harlee
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment