
A new concrete ramp...a friend of his and some other guys came over this morning and started laying concrete after they staked out the fiber board forms....took about three hours but due to wet they had to skred the concrete to help it settle before covering for the night and for sure the next four to five nights...my understanding it'll help keep its own heat while curing and in three days take off the forms and he says the third day it the most important...don't understand it all but learning...he used to work in a concrete business...it looks nice with the curve in the sidewalk...will post pic in few days...
I had to laugh...I said now maybe he can get out more and we can go for drive often to get him out on short trips so he doesn't get wore out...ha...someone popped off...lol...said he could drive his chair over to street mailbox and check the mail...I didn't think about that one!!!!
He was feeling a bit off yesterday afternoon/evening...not sure why...he might have over done it by being on his leg too much...see he's been trying to use his cane or crutch to help keep the muscle strength up as much as possible...or then again it's going into the second week of second round of the "Sutent" medicine...been keeping track of his vitals off and on...okay but BP's a little high...but no headaches, dizziness or anything...still bit off today but slept alot too in between the guys here for the ramp...he's doing better tonight...his appetite doing pretty good...he was hungry for my taco soup...so I made it and it hit the spot for him...yummmmm
ok, so here it is if anyone wants it:
TACO SOUP...
1-pound hamburger browned & drained
1-sweet onion chopped browned
add and mix all together after above 2 items...
1-can yellow corn
1-can pinto beans
1-can red kidney beans
1-can black beans
1-can hominy yellow or white or both
1-can navy beans
1-can diced tomatoes (optional)
Juice and all from cans....
1-pk taco seasoning mix
1-pk Hidden Valley Ranch the original salad and seasoning mix
1-bottle tomato juice(I use half the day I fix and then on 2nd day
add more sometimes to thin down...to taste for thick or thin
consistancy...
and simmer on low for 1-2 hours...serve with
shredded cheese/diced onions on top, tortilla chips or in bread bowls,
crackers, etc....I've given the recipe to my son-in-law and he puts his
own variation/twist to it...!!!!
As I had the slight fever 99.1 which I've been known to have over the years with the sarcoidosis...a bit off and on too...then I pulled the muscle in leg/hip area when shifting body on couch last night...(I was concerned on how he was feeling)...ouchhhh that it hurt....finally, after an hour I went into bed at 1 a.m. and zonked right out...I have been careful all day and used my cane so it wouldn't affect my knee...feeling pretty good tonight just slight tenderness in area...
Well, not much else...everyone take care and enjoy your weekend...night 8]

No comments:
Post a Comment