THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sometime...

It's been sometime (week) that I've blogged but I know everyone likes to keep informed on how he's doing...the nicer weather makes it better but he still hurts...he says he's alright but his body language sometimes says otherwise...I asked him this evening if he was hurting more than usual and he just looked at me and said yes...

He's thinking about asking for something a little bit stronger on March 4Th when we go see the doctor and get test results that we will be doing next week...his monthly blood work Tuesday at Mesa...Thursday Georgetown for the CT abdomen/kidney...he has to sit and drink this white stuff within a two hour period...like a cup every 15 minutes...Friday Georgetown again for nuclear shot takes four hours (have to find something to do or just bring our mp3's and book and sit in van so he can at least lay down and rest that hip/leg that gives him problems) to get into his bones good enough and then has whole body bone scan done...

I was in there the first time and I could see on the monitor across the room the difference...it's like he is lit up like a Christmas tree...the nuclear shot shows where all the tumors are...his body gets scanned topside and backside...

A while back, I said in the blog that he has a spot on his hand and he brought it to my attention after the first round on "Sutent" that it was getting smaller...well, that spot is gone on his hand now...but I wonder about the bigger tumors...if they've shrunk or stopped growing?...I pray that it has...he dislikes taking the "Sutent"...gives bad taste in his mouth...told him I was surprised he is able to eat as good as he does...

Since the family doctor put him on Coreg for the rapid pulse/blood pressures...the medicine seems to be doing the trick...I still keep an eye on his glucose levels too...so far so good

Feel like I should be blogging more...had weeds pulled in the yard today by a couple boy scouts...didn't catch their names...he was talking with them...while I went and got some Roundup for him...but also got a new shower head and doorbell cover...tehe...I changed them so he wouldn't be trying to do it...still not able to use his arm hardly after fractured/broke...he still wears brace but takes off (overnight) when it gets to bothering him...as I told our niece Cheri today, I was the busy bbbbbbeeeeee...groceries, prescriptions, mail, hardware store, meals, laundry...watched movie true story Napa Valley wine making..."Bottle Shock" pretty good...but the movie that got me the most the other night...did some laughing but also some crying...deals with relationships, love, being God centered...it just made a lot of sense..."Fireproof"...thought it was a movie about fires, etc...but it's on fireproofing your relationship/marriage...story line was on fires and the fire dept but intertwined with fireproofing marriages...

Tam came home this weekend instead of next weekend...has to work on a Saturday-been awhile...but also coming home, she past the speedway and realized Nascar is going to be in Vegas next weekend and traffic is terrible on 15 and Nellis etc...but also to meet Shaun's grandfather...he drove up to see how his son Ken (Shaun's dad) is doing and help if he can...he has been in the hospital and had stints put in his leg and aorta and doing better but still may loose his big toe...so prayers are needed for Ken...prayers for Shaun too to sustain him and help him find strength to take care of his dad and work as well...

Weather suppose to be getting up in 70's and sunny...hope that keeps up for next week when we have the appointments...don't like to be out in the wet weather...

Okay, I think I've been going on long enough so I will say GoOdNiTe to aLl...have a gr8t wkend elf...eryone :D

No comments: