THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Released home...

I called nurse Cindy this morning after getting up and she said he would be released sometime today...he had a few things he needed to do...she also had to consult with the ortho doctor and do paper work before he was released...

He had visitors, he did his p.t. anxious to get out...by the time I got there he was
ready to go home and he was just seeing the doctor...nurse Cindy still had to do the paperwork yet after doctor saw him...write up the orders for home health nurse to come in starting tomorrow and check on him, do a blood prick for coumadin levels so he gets the right dosage at least for 3 weeks every 3 days...check post-op wounds and give me more dressing changes and do p.t. with him...

Nurse Cindy said he had to get all the way to the nurses' station before he could go home with home care...lol...he made sure he got that far too...feisty...omg...since we've gotten home, he's settled down quite a bit and calm as a kitten...uses his walker like he's suppose to and there are a few times I remind him about like to breathe as he is exerting himself, as explained to me if you don't breathe as you exert yourself your body temperature goes up...now I know why mine goes up cuz I don't breathe properly at times...a BIG difference again from yesterday...

We get home around 4pm and its been busy for awhile...finally calmed down around 6pm and I ate dinner and he sacked out...very long day for him...he's doing really good...I'm happ:D for that....moved the hospital bed around a little for now til we know what is really going to work and then probably make some more changes...we did notice or should say Red, one of his coffee buds said needed to rig up something that he could grasp better when he's getting into the van...the handle above the passenger seat was a little too high...will work on that one....

He has to see ortho doc in 10 days and reschedule 3rd time an appointment with Dr. Joe in Georgetown and see when he can get the infusion of zometa and when he can start back on his "Sutent"...he should have started on the 23rd...

I will be sleeping out on the couch til I know or the home health nurse feels he's strong enough to be doing things on his own during the night and/or the ortho doc ...so I'll be busy for a while and maybe a bit tired...

Sorry, it's now 11:05pm and just getting back to finish blogging...needed to help him get settled for the night, change dressings as there was drainage and put some ice packs on his hip and knee...til 3am for pain meds unless he wakes sooner and needs something...lol...work out and a half...wow...maybe this will help me to drop a few pounds again...:D

Well, I think I covered most everything...will keep you posted on how he's improving...you'll have a good day and be safe...:D

No comments: