THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, April 24, 2009

Post-op...

I was late getting there this morning...more closer to noon...heard that his brother came to visit before I got there...he had physical therapy to use walker non-bearing weight on that right leg/hip just a touch toe and all the way to his room door and back and sat in chair for a short bit...hurting...he was in bed when I got there...

At that time, occupational therapy showed up to do an assessment as far as dressing himself, etc and how and what he did to shower...to help decide what was needed for him to do to get stronger and pretty much when he came home do all on his own but be available to help...

Lunch rolled in and he scarfed it down and was ready to get in bed and sleep...uhhh, he no sooner was resting and physical therapy showed up and he refused to get out so they did therapy in bed with the leg-foot slide, side-side, leg raise...in between a few more visitors and another visit from occupational therapy...he didn't get out again so they worked on the arm-curls, raise up arm, couple others not sure proper name for them...he sacked out again...

Several visitors but by the time dinner rolled around he was getting feisty, hurting, and due for pain meds again...he wanted my help and I snapped at him to calm him down that I couldn't help him get back to bed cuz he was still learning the proper way to go from the chair to the bed after...he hollered for the nurse and he's at the end of the hall...told him to push the call button...the nurse came in and helped and he got his next round of pain meds and an IV of toradol which is an inflammatory med...doc said to give to him for the next 48 hours...

The nurse this morning did tell me for now that Dr. Joe didn't want him to start back on his sutent or have an infusion of zometa until he saw Tim...so it could be delayed again for a couple weeks until he feels able to make the drive to Georgetown and see Dr. Joe...

He seemed to be resting good, a few moan and groans so I rested on the little couch for couple hours and as much as I wanted to stay there again tonight...I couldn't, the shortness of sleep this morning when I came home around 2 a.m...I find left me trying to find that inner strength I usually come up with but just not quite there today...plenty of faith but with my health and lack of sleep...I find that I am easily tearing up and trying to fight them back...I told him I had to come home to get some stuff done and get to bed and get at least 8-10 hours sleep to get my stamina back to get us both through this...he understood...

Depending on the insurance approval and how he gets through the therapy and how far he gets with it will depend on whether he comes straight home from hospital or go to the rehab therapy facility...he doesn't want to go...wants to come straight home...that sounds like me in 2003 with my knee and calf surgery...I've done some of helping with him here at home before all this came about yesterday morning...the nurse and doctor are concerned how much I can do/handle with me on oxygen 24/7...they want to see him get down the hall to the nurses station before he goes home...its what I had to do when at the rehab therapy facility...

Anyway, trying to get a couple of things done around the house, post to blog and get some laundry done...so can go back tomorrow...late morning seemed to work out good this morning...so I'll try to be there around 11 a.m. and be there most the day...as for vac/mop house which should be done tomorrow...guess will do it Sunday with Tamra's help again...then go over to see him and spend the day...

If Tam and I have missed anyone with news or updates, we apologize...another reason for me to come home is my poor baby Jack...lol...stays in his bed, won't eat or go out til I come home and he's running circles around me and hopping on the top of my foot telling me he wants out or feed him...then he's all happ:D as a bug in a rug...yea, ain't that cute...:D

Elf...eryone take care be safe enjoy your wkend...:D

No comments: