A lot of you probably have already heard...appointments got cancelled...he woke me up with a blood curdling scream yesterday morning bout 3:30 a.m....said his leg was really hurting...got some pain meds in him and he was resting...to make a long story short for now...called dr's office cancelled appointments and doctor said to take him to Mesa ER...thought possible blood clot...
I couldn't get him up so I called for an ambulance...EMT's thought dislocated hip...ER doctor had x-rays taken and he has a fractured hip right side...more than likely ortho doctor will put in a few screws to hold while healing...
Yes, they had him pretty well sedated for all the excruciating pain...I was with him all day until 2 a.m. this morning til I finally came home to get some sleep, otherwise I wouldn't be any good for him....
He got admitted and surgery was scheduled for about 6-7 p.m....I came home to change my ox tank out and eat and get his DNR papers just in case to back up his verbal DNR...since he is high risk...I got back to hospital and he's already down in prep for surgery...I get down there and it's delayed about 3 hours...ortho doctor would call 45 minutes before to give the surgical team heads up...Dr. Todd got in from Georgetown about 10 p.m. and said he would be putting in a rod from his ball socket down to the knee and securing at the knee with two screws and then up at the ball socket...surgery would be about an hour and depending on patient be in hospital about 3 days...Dr. Todd came out and said hardly not bleeding as blood was crossed matched in case of extra blood needed...he came through with flying colors, no problems...would be in recovery for bout an hour and then be back in his room...
I'm draggin butt this morning...email server still down if anyone wondering why I haven't answered any emails...since 22nd...they still working on it...cancelled another appt for Monday with another doctor...get self ready, eat, run and fax some papers and head over to sit with him again...
I called and talked with the nurse and Dr Joe is to call back and advise on the zometa infusion as the hospital can do it while he's in there and how soon he can start his sutent since he was to be back on it yesterday...he's feeling alot better this morning...a lot less pain but still on them...he wasn't quite too happy about being told he had to get up already today and get to moving around carefully :D of course, to see how he's going to doing with this rod in his leg/hip...he didn't want to but agreed the surgery was done to help him get out of pain and get up and moving again...!!!! So, I said I'd be over in couple hours so I could finish up what needed to be done here...
Will blog more lata so take care be safe have a Happ:D day post more
lata
me :D
Harlee
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment