Happenings since last posting is mixed...niece is holding her own so far and still at home...her sister got back home with her family in Georgetown...
My mom come to find out she has gout...yes, gout in her wrist/hands...it can show up in any joint area and be painful/swollen...the doctors have her on prednisone and tapering her off and then try non-steroid medicine to see if it continues to help...course the steroids spike her blood sugars so she has to be careful in what she eats...me too...
We have family members who had a surgery on her hand (broke and had 3 pins put in) and one needing surgery on his hand...our prayers will be with them both in speedy recovery and going through the surgery...
He's had his infusion of zometa Tuesday but not so sure he wants to continue with getting it each month...it has made him feel awful...now, his healed fractured arm is bother him to the point that tonight he has put the brace back on...he has even started throwing up thinking it was going to be a burp...he got surprised and good thing I was quick...:( so I'm trying to convince him he needs to eat a little something every few hours to make sure he as something on his stomach because the meds could be affecting him when he doesn't eat since having the infusion...he just has so many things going on and but also trying to find the right combination for the pain meds...this is why he may sleep alot so he doesn't have to feel the pain til it wakes him up...like I said a mixed bag of things going on...
I have to say I have been on facebook several times and don't particularly like it as well as myspace...but because of several people...I got back on to keep better in touch...but our youngest, Tam got me hooked in playing this game...ohhhhhhhhh, wow...I have hustled to get work to get where I'm at in the past five days...it is a destresser for me at late evening...I'm building my farm and enlarging it quite nicely...I do think so myself :D ...
Anyway, I have met and chatted with some nice people...one from NC and LA and even Chile...who has sent blessings for him...the more I talk to people, I am realizing how much we all have in common to a point...that this is a small world and we all are connected in some small way or another in diverse ways...just watching Patrick Swayze's story fighting cancer...how him and his wife feel which is what we have said and feel too...now with Farrah's story this past Saturday night on NBC...my prayers are with her and Ryan but feel from her status of watching it may not be long and she'll be in God's hands...it's what I'll be going through when his medicines quit working for him...like going to services of family/friends whom passed...reminds me of what I will have to go through...but positive side...he's a fighter and so am I and together we'll get through this until that time comes...
On the lighter side, I think...lol...I've said we've been having warm weather this past week of 100 degrees...ugggghhhh, it hit 106 today off back porch and that is in the shade....yeah....not/nor have I ever gotten used to this hot weather and I'm originally born and raised in Alaska for twenty-five years and now here since 1985....:D....
Well, elf...eryone I'm going to say good night and wish you all a good week and pray for all...be safe, someone helps you, pay it forward and then maybe we can have a ripple effect and in some way make some changes however small or large...much love to all :D
Harlee
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment