First off, our hearts go out to the Jensen family in their loss of Shane. May Gods arms surround them in love and comfort each day. Our prayers are with the family and friends...
Tim is doing better today as far as getting in and out of bed...he still struggles to lift the right leg...he has learned to roll to his side and bring both legs down on his own and with the use of the walker and his jazzy chair he is getting around...he's concerned that he is wearing me down too much...I struggle in the mornings to help him as I'm slow to getting my energy revved up or as he says my 1st wind, 2nd wind or even 3rd wind which kicks in at about bedtime...lol...:D
His pain from the surgery is a lit'l bit less but the rod and screws still give him some discomfort...I think maybe yesterday was his worst day for pain and again I feel that the weather has a lot to do with it...CLOUDY and CHANCE OF RAIN...he didn't realize that the surgery would take so much out of him...now he understands what I went through with my knee/leg surgery in 2003...I didn't even want to move out of bed...I was in hospital 3 weeks, rehab 2 weeks and then had out patient p.t...
He has even lost his appetite somewhat too...thought it was picking back up from being in the hospital but not there since coming home...his coffee buds have come by several times this past week and I played waitress and served them coffee...tehe...that's sounds funn:D...I haven't waitressed for years...
Anyhow, his outlook is better this morning...wishes his appetite was better but that will come in time again..his appointment with the Dr Todd is on Tuesday and hoping doc is happ:D with his progress...he doesn't want p.t. to come to the house anymore...feels he/we can do on his own...oh, did find out the reason for the home nurse to come out is to check his protime (blood levels for coumadin-blood thinner)...the hospital didn't have time to regulate the right levels for him so once he's leveled out then it'll be checked about once a week...for 6 weeks not 3 weeks...I still continue to learn new stuff...
With Mesquite Days here, I hope elf...eryone is being safe and having fun...enjoy your weekend...
Harlee
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment