
Yes, poo pe' our arms are surrounding you and keeping you safe in our hearts...with lotttttssss of luv....
I saw the nephrologist (kidney specialist) this morning...according to my blood work one of the test is showing some small changes in my kidney functions...the family doctor wants to nip it in the bud by stopping or slowing it down as much as possible...but nothing to worry about yet...as most patients don't have to do dialysis even when their functions are at 5.2 and mine are at 1.42 right now...
Let's see the kidney doctor asked if anything different going on with me that I noticed and I said no as my kidney function test showed a drop in June to two weeks ago from 50% down to 38%...I have lost some weight...I made adjustment in insulin to lesser amount and changes in some meds if not drop 3 per family doctor...I have been doing good without them...probably due to the weight drop too...the K doc kept asking about calcium intake and I said just in multivitamin and said my cholesterol bit high this time...so will do blood work again in 3 months when I see him again and see if anything went back to normal before putting me on cholesterol meds...ugghhh...there goes prescription part D and hitting that DONUT HOLE sooner again...anyway, I am also still anemic so I am to take a different iron supplement with vitamin C together for better absorbent on an empty stomach...I'm already doing both but not together or on an empty stomach...but not that many mgs either...going from 54mgs to 325mg of ferrous fumarate (105mg elemental iron) instead of just iron pills...but if it comes to me needing dialysis down the road...I have to have antibodies built up in my system to prevent Hepatitis B...that is a series of 3 shots...TODAY...booster Oct 9th and last booster March 9, 2010...then 2 months later do a blood test to see if the antibodies have built up if not, then I have to do the series of 3 shots again...
I don't feel any different except better than I have felt in a number of years...a bit tired and I see why now...anemic but...lol...my lateness prolly doesn't help either at times...but too much sleep and I sometimes feel worse...I do better on 5-6 hours not 8-9 hours...although my body does need it with the sarcoidosis as it's one of the symptoms...tires out easily especially if you feel good and then you have a tendency to over do things...lol...I'm good for that one...:D
As for Tim, not much change...still holding his own with the right combination of the compazine and the stronger pain med...but he still refuses the full dose of 20-30mgs...he just went from 15mg to 17.5mgs and outside of being awake for company and meals, bathroom, meds...he now sleeps all the time...I know company he enjoys and he puts on the face...but like he said this morning he hoped no one called or came by...that was odd to hear that out of him...he has only lost a couple of meals since we got on this combination and eating like a bird about every 3 hours...
We did get a call from the nurse that she is working on his Sutent with the new insurance medicare parts A B & D...and medigap...well, we haven't even gotten that card on that one yet...anyway, Kristi has done as much as she can until I call the mail script pharmacy and tell them our insurance has changed and to try and process a refill with the new insurance but not to send...contact kristi so that she can further process to get us help to pay little or nothing for the Sutent or he will stop taking for his next round due on October 22nd...
Outside of all this, we are taking one day at a time and holding our own...loving each other, saying prayers for all far and wide and all our girls...others and yes, strangers too...near, far and wide...whether daughters, nieces, friends, there's quite a few of you out there and you'll know who you are...our prayers go out to everyone....;)
Oh, a quick note...Tim and I hope a lit'l birdie's foot is healed and doing well and not too over worked in several states...:*) I sure hope I remembered everything...have a good rest of the week...lol...half over uhhhh....

No comments:
Post a Comment