THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Docs today....

Hello...As usual the trip is always hard on him and so he sleeps several hours after getting home...I hated to wake him for his meds at 3 pm...if I don't then he hurts more from taking late...

His blood pressure was good 123/73 and his weight is down to 163-a six pound loss in a month...labs were okay...doc ask how things were and Tim let him know and I had some input...he doesn't want to do the infusion anymore and doc said fine that he could always change his mind...tried talking to him on way home about it but we would go with what he is feeling...just reminding him we may not be able to afford after this month as not sure how the Medicare and medigap insurance is going to work for him in paying...talked about tired, no energy...his eating, said how his pain in low back bothering him and doc suggested increasing his pain meds...Tim said no not yet...doc offered hospice so he wouldn't have to make the trips to Georgetown and the home nurse could dispense his meds to him...Tim said no again...he said he is bound and determined he's going to be here for his daughter's graduation from college...I don't think he stopped to realize...that is 3 semesters of school yet and then graduation for her Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education...he's trying to keep uplifted but it seems to get harder for him and yes, it does good for him to see family and friends but he did admit to doc he does put up a front so they don't worry...anyway...

He is scheduled again to see the doctor October 9th but before hand he is getting labs done on September 29th and then next day have CT of chest, abdomen, pelvic area and luckily we can have that one done here at Mesa View...then on October 2nd we'll go to Georgetown for the four hour process of nuclear shot, wait and then have whole body bone scan done...like Tim said seems like we just had that all done, it was just back on July 17th when it was done...not sure again what the insurances will pay...sure hope it covers everything cuz there isn't any money left out of budget to cover paying anything else...sure can't squeeze blood out of a turnip...lol...

I had went to doc last week to get blood work and new prescriptions for me...there were a lot of highs and lows but nothing too much to be concerned about yet...doc wants to nip in bud before it gets too far but there has been tiny increases in one of the tests showing something going on with my kidneys...he has referred me to a neuphrologist-kidney specialist...I have appointment to get labs done in morning which take two weeks to get results and then after my appointment with another doctor about changing one of my meds or several cuz the way I have been feeling but also how my blood pressure readings have been low...too low for me...then after see him, I go back over to hospital to get a Renal Ultrasound (kidney) with a full bladder...ugggh...I have to drink at least 32-40 oz. water hour before and hold during ultrasound....so I am going to have a busy day tomorrow...my appointment with neuphrologist is September 9th...I do hope I have that letter in my hand from cobra insurance next week so I can get my medigap insurance through United American...for underage...lol...

So, life has been busy this week and HOT again...suppose to kool down....phewwwww just saw weather on news NOT kooling down yet-uggghhh...I hope the weather isn't going to be a roller coaster of ups and downs til it finally kools off....anyway...

My prayers are with everyone and with it being a TGIF...whoo hoo...I hope you all have a gr8 weekend...take care be safe and much luv to elf...eryone....:D

No comments: