THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Aches...

He commented this afternoon that he has been aching bad today but is okay when he's still when laying down...the cool, windy weather again...the more he hurts the more he feels agitated and cranky...:(

He apologizes for that and told him its understandable...he has a different degree of pain from me...I have been dealing with sarcoidosis neuropathy since 1989 and now I'm noticing that the diabetes is adding to it...my worst pain is in my feet in the toes or just below in the bones (shins too)...our oldest gave me some Avon foot cream and it happens to have some numbing compound in it(lanacane?)...it has helped at night before crawling into bed...

At the doctor's appointment last week, I asked the doctor if we could try the gabapentin 300mg again...my biggest thing about medicines is if they make me groggy/sleepy I'll stop taking them after the first or second dose...it's been 3-4 years since I tried using the medicine but I was put on it 3x's a day (900mgs total a day) all I wanted to do was sleep...I fig'd if I just took it at night before bed I'd do alright...wrong...it done the trick for the pain but made me feel sleepy most of the morning and I just wanted to sleep...I don't want that effect...I would rather suffer the pain...

About a year ago, I was taking tylenol several times a day for the pain every day...but heard of a nutritional supplement that would be better than taking tylenol...so I started taking 2 gel caps daily of "Celadrin" 500mg each...essential fatty acid...it did the trick...because I didn't want the sleepy affect I decided to take an extra one at bedtime last night and it worked but also noticed it helped with the asthma I have...so, today I decided to take the 3rd one at 3pm eight hours after the first two...wow, it done the trick again and my breathing was doing good as I was trying to vacuum the house and then mop floors...oxygen up and taking plenty of breaks to rest up...took another one tonight about hour ago and it's doing the trick again...guess I'll be sticking to the Celadrin instead of the prescription of gabapentin...especially if it's taking care of two stones with one bird as the saying goes :D

I sure am glad to hear the wind has calmed down for the night...a bit kool though...thinking maybe I better set the heater on 72 just in case it gets too kool for him during the night...

I had a strong urge to sleep out here the other night in the family room on the couch to be closer to him but he would have been upset if I had...he says I need my rest too...maybe I will tonight...put the headphones on and listen to the music...well, for now I'm signing off and Elf...eryone have a gr8t week...prayers are still needed and appreciated...much luv to all...good night :D

No comments: